- Please note - this is the task for tomorrow and Thursday, so your work needs to be done carefully over the two days. In class, we are writing a draft today and editing it, correcting mistakes and making improvements and tomorrow, we will be writing our final, polished version.
- Watch the Volcanoes Compilation Video again!
- Start to write a 'sensory' description of a volcano, in terms of what you can see, hear, smell, touch/feel and taste. All five senses should be included if possible.
- You can use the download 'Type on Volcano Description Sheet' (below and type your work) OR You can print off the attached document ('Write on Volcano Description Sheet ) to write on.
- Try to start each sentence differently.
- When you start writing about a new idea - perhaps leave a line and start a new paragraph.
- Use a thesaurus (book or online) to improve each adjective you write - don't settle for words like 'big' or 'scary'.
- You could even try using 'personification', as discussed in our lesson. Remember - this is making something non-human appear alive with human characteristics. For example: 'The lava crept menacingly towards me, reaching out its fiery, glowing arms'
- Please take time to read your work through, editing and improving as you go.
**Please try to work as independently as possible, just as you would in class. I would like to read your own writing and see your own ideas and spellings.